Sunday, July 26, 2015

Here we go again!

Well this summer has been one for the journals. The past couple months have been the most life changing and stressful that I think I have ever gone through. And it's taking its toll on me and letting my MS have some fun.



First, it started with one of my kids being diagnosed with autism. Wasn't a big deal to us, we still love him just the same and were kind of expecting that to be the case. 



Then, a few weeks before our baby turned 6 months, we found out that I was pregnant, yet again. Again, no bill deal to us, we have clothes, toys, books or whatever for either gender now. 



Next, came a text from my mom saying my dad had been in a car accident and was in the ICU. He ended up being just fine after a lot of pain meds and even more rest. 



But here is why it's been such a big deal. Money. For about the past year, we have been planning, shopping, and trying to fix our house up to sell. I know money is a problem for everyone, and not everyone can do things they've planned anyways, but here's the big kicker. I'm not asking for money, help or sympathy, just a chance to explain my stress. 



Since we bought our house almost 6 years ago, we have done a lot of fix it up to what it is now, just still wanted to put in hardwood flooring and replace the tiles on the kitchen and bathroom floors. After trying to level the house off with cement blocks, we finally settled on it'll take too long and best just to replace the carpet and go with linoleum for the kitchen and bathrooms. Again, why money is an issue here. 


When I'm pregnant, that costs $155 a month till I deliver the baby. Not a huge thing, we've done it before. It's the autism part that costs the most. My son has already been getting 3 different types of therapy for at least once a week for a little over 2 years now. Paying for the gas was a pain, but that is also one of the HUGE reasons to sell the house, just now, we have an even bigger one. Now that he has an official diagnoses of being autistic, the insurance company is more than willing to pay for a lot more. He gets to start a fun new therapy (new for him) called ABA therapy. The insurance company will cover unlimited visits (which is amazing), just we have to pay the co-pays. Doesn't sounds too bad right? Didn't to us either, till we were told he'll need it 5 times a week. You do the math, or think of how much you'd pay a month buying a nice BMW convertible. 



So, while we've been trying to deal with raising our 3 kids. Taking kids to dr appointments and my own dr appointments, all while being pregnant, my husband is also trying to go to school to get an MBA. I also ran off to help my dad after he got out of the hospital, taking my my youngest with me. So ya, the flooring hasn't happened yet, and we still need to either repaint the house or just do some touch up. My arms go back and forth on which one is going to be numb for that day and/or time. My Achilles, for some odd reason, refuses to let me point my toes, and my left ankle is swollen and sometimes hard to walk on. 



But we're still going and we'll get through this, just another obstacle in life we get to deal with as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment