Monday, February 26, 2018

My weekend of stress

On Friday morning, everything was finally set up and scheduled to start my new medicine. Then, all the reality of it started sinking in. All the side effects started coming to mind, all of the reasons my neurologist didn’t start with this medicine cane to mind, how long and dramatic the process of the first day on the medicine will be, what my kids might start thinking while it’s going on, how much will it screw then up in life having to see their mom go through this and many more. Sooo many thoughts that really weren’t doing much of anything other than stressing me out and in return, ruining my kids weekend. So finally, on Saturday and after nap time, I made my husband help me load up the kids and we went to the mall.


In front of Target there is a play area. It’s not huge and far from fancy, but all 4 kids loved it! They got to run around, be around other kids and even got knocked over more than a few times. They’d cry, but usually before my husband or I could even help them up, they got up and started running around a again. So I felt like Saturday was saved and not a complete waste.


Then Sunday morning cane and it was just not fun. We already knew we weren’t going to church. It was a special Sunday thing and we knew our kids would have made it far from fun or even worth it, so we were kind of just planning on staying home and maybe having 2 nap/quiet/play in your room times. We didn’t even make it to 8:30 an before I was stressed out.


One of my Uncle’s is going through some health issues and has been in hospital since Thursday, my kids always fight over a toy one of them has (who’s kids don’t do this) and I was once again stressing about the new meds. So I decided that we needed a day away from everything and still be together as a family. So, much to my husbands disappointment, we loaded all the kids up and drove to the zoo.


Thankfully, it was well worth it! They didn't have all the animals out, but the ones that were out, were a lot of fun to see! The kids got to spend the day walking, running and screaming out in the fresh air and had a blast. Although the dolphins soaked us at the dolphin show, even my autistic son loved it! The only thing the kids didn't like, was that I was mean and packed lunches (the membership cost enough without having to add on zoo food prices every time we go).



No comments:

Post a Comment