Monday, October 27, 2014

MS + pregnancy = temporary remission

I wish. I've been told since I was 17 that MS goes into remission while pregnant. Last week I found out,that for me, that's completely untrue.



 One of my sisters came to visit for a few days and I was very excited to have her visit. Only down side to it was that I think I got even less sleep than usual. I was worried because instead of her sleeping in one of our two queen sized spare beds, she slept on the couch. I felt so bad for her! Not only that, but my 3 year old, who is that champion of staying awake, kept her up. 


My weeks are already usually busy with taking the boys to their usual stuff, but since my sister was here and it was her first time getting to visit me since I got married and moved to this side of the country (I still miss the west coast by the way), I wanted to show her some stuff. Really all I got to show her was a few restaurants and a museum, but still it was more driving than usual. 






Anyways, back to what I was talking about to begin with. The morning of my sisters only full day of getting to visit, I noticed I had a bit of a limp. It wasn't just any kind of a limp though. This was a limp I hadn't felt since I was 16 years old and was about to have my first full blown MS "attack". It wasn't always there, I could still walk, drive and pretty much chase after my boys. So I brushed it off. Even after telling my sister about it I wasn't all that worried and was actually dreading telling my husband about it more than anything else (he's really good at the worrying about me thing). I did tell my sister there wasn't much I could do about it. If I told my neurologist, he would just ask me how much sleep I've been getting. 



We didn't get to see my husband until around 6 or 7 that night and ate out. While at dinner, I thought now might be a good time to tell him about the limp. He ended up taking it really well! He was more worried about me having a good visit with my sister than the limp (also helped I wasn't freaked out about it too). 



I'm now 34 weeks pregnant and still have yet to tell my neurologist about this one because it won't really do much good. He'll just want me to come in for check ups and I'll tell him I don't want any steroids and he'll tell me there's nothing he can do to help me then. We have gone through it with the last two pregnancies I had and I don't really feel like going through it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment