Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Heat and humidity...

Heat and humidity are two very different things to me. Not sure if it does the same to everyone else with MS, but for me, the two help and yet ruin things. I absolutely love warm weather. I also like humidity, it seems to keep me healthy and knowing when I'm overheating, I go inside with an a/c. Although, when it's hot I find it kind of hard to breathe, get really irritable, and take it out on other people verbally.


This morning, I needed to go to the store and buy a few things for breakfast, lunch, and snacking (snacking because I'm pregnant and can). I looked at the weather for today and what the temp was before I got dressed to see what I should and shouldn't wear. My app said it was 70 and a high of 91 (humidity was at 91% which should have said something to me). I thought that since I was just making a quick trip in an air conditioned car, jeans and a shirt would be fine. So I left looking like this (I'll tell you later I forgot deodorant). 



Pretty much just grabbed a shirt and jeans and got the boys ready to go. On the way, I thought, I could grab the boys a quick breakfast at a drive thru and eat at a park long before lunch and nap time. So that's what we did. While doing all this, I seemed to have forgotten how quickly the weather liked to warm up, and that chasing around two little boys at a park, even while hydrated, really makes me warm. 


So after an hour or so at the park, I start to notice I'm feeling warm and my jeans are kind of sticking to my legs. I told the boys, "Two more toys and then we were going to leave." We went to the store on the way home. Now, one thing about MS is that, while I know I'm over heated and hot, I don't really start to sweat until I've started to rest (I.e. sit down). So while driving to the store, we still haven't gone to yet, I start sweating and smell that I forgot deodorant. Once at the store, where we only needed 3 or 4 things, what else should happened, but I run into someone I know. Not just a friend, but a relative of my husband's. He didn't say anything, but I'm pretty sure everyone at the store could smell me. 


So long story short, while I might leave looking fine, I come home looking like this.  



No comments:

Post a Comment